Receiving a Legacy Letter (or Ethical Will) is a privileged experience that affirms human connections, especially with the writer, and helps the recipient gain a lifelong perspective of his/her role within the family of future generations.
There are many ways a Legacy Letter recipient will benefit:
- Keep the memory of a loved one alive
- Better understand the context of the author’s life decisions
- Learn and affirm important life values
- Gain inspiration and advice for difficult life challenges
- Feel closer to the family
- Resolve conflicts and address forgiveness
- Gain a sense of ancestry, roots and identity
- Look toward the future
The unique, transformative and inspirational power of reading a personal narrative of a loved one is incomparable. It also offers a lifelong knowledge that s/he is part of building the future.